Today the Internet was buzzing with new allegations regarding the scandalous life of Fr. Marcial Maciel, L.C., the founder of the Legionaries of Christ. Much of what was reported has been already known by many for many months.
I think it is essential that Fr. Alvaro Corcuerra, L.C., the present General Superior of the Legionaries of Christ make a full disclosure regarding the following questions that many Legionaries, ex-Legionaries, benefactors and parents of Legionary seminarians have been asking for a long time.
The following is a list of honest questions. These are not accusations or affirmations. These are only questions. If the Legionaries of Christ are to gain any credibility as a Catholic Congregation of priests, Fr. Alvaro Corcuerra, L.C. needs to answer these questions with total honesty and sincerity. The reform of the Congregation lies in his hands.
Here are the questions:
1. Why was Marcial Maciel expelled from the seminary of his uncle, Bishop Rafael Guizar y Valencia? Did his uncle find out that Marcial was involved in a homosexual ring of seminarians? Did this discovery cause his uncle to have a heart attack and die suddenly?
2. Why was Marcial Maciel suddenly expelled from the Jesuit seminary of Montezuma? Did his superiors discover that he was involved in a homosexual ring of seminarians?
3. Was Marcial Maciel guilty of having sexual relations with his first benefactor, Talita Retes? Is this the reason why she supported him?
4. Why is the Legion of Christ admiting to Father Maciel's double life regarding his lover and his daughter? Why are they not admiting that Father Maciel has been guilty of abusing numerous seminarians since the foundation of the Congregation? Another words, why is the daughter the main issue and the allegations of homosexual abuse not an issue?
5. Is it true that the Vatican already has on file the proof that Fr. Maciel had numerous children, that he abused numerous seminarians, that he was a drug user and that he used money from his benefactors to support his children? If this is true, why is the Vatican conducting an Apostolic Visitation? Will the Apostolic Visitation just be a smokescreen? Will the Legionaries buy off Vatican officials in order to protect their own corrupt organization?
6. Is it true that there was a cover up regarding the double life of Fr. Marcial Maciel? How many Legionary superiors knew about his proclivities and said nothing? How many Vatican officials knew about his "lifestyle" and said nothing because they were receiving money and gifts to keep quiet? How many Mexican prelates knew about his double life and have said nothing?
7. Was Father Marcial Maciel running a homosexual ring of priests and seminarians within his Congregation? Are some of these priests presently involved in active
ministry within the Catholic Church? Is the leadership of the Legionaries of Christ a homosexual ring of abused and abusers? If there is a network, does this network have links with people within the Vatican?
8. Did Father Marcial Maciel receive money from the Masons to fund his apostolic projects? Was Father Marcial Maciel involved in international Masonry? Are the Masons using Maciel's scandalous life to destroy the papacy of John Paul II?