Thursday, June 26, 2008

12 year old seminarians

"I was invovled with RC many years and I have to say the Legion was inordinately aggressive. My son @ 12y.o was subject to intense pressure to join their apostolic school to the point he was in tears. I know of many other individuals who have experienced the same thing."

Posted by: John | Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 09:11 AM


"Many good faithful Catholics will have nothing to do with the Legion because of some cult like tactics. Trying to get a 12 year old to sign up for seminary in this day and age is shameful. I will keep my kids away from all of their groups."

Posted by: Annie Witz | Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Comments from The Roman Catholic Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back when a large percentage of the population was illiterate, and life expectancy was 40 or so, a high school seminary was higher education for adult men. It just doesn't make sense today, though.